Riga International Airport
- DHL ExpressDHL ExpressDHL Express is a division of the German logistics company Deutsche Post providing international express mail services. DHL is a world market leader in sea and air mail....
- InversijaInversijaInversija is a cargo airline based in Riga, Latvia. It started operations in March 1991 and undertakes all types of cargo operations, as well as maintenance work for third parties. Its main base is Riga International Airport.-Fleet:...
- RAF-AviaRAF-AviaRAF-Avia is an airline based in Riga, Latvia. It operates cargo services for TNT, DHL and others, as well as transport for the military and the United Nations and passenger charters. Its main base is Riga International Airport .-History:...
- SprintairSprintAirSprintAir Sp. z o.o., part of SprintAir Group, is a regional airline based in Warsaw, Poland . It mainly operates domestic and regional freight services. Its main operating base is Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport.-History:...
- TNT NV
- UPSUnited Parcel ServiceUnited Parcel Service, Inc. , typically referred to by the acronym UPS, is a package delivery company. Headquartered in Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States, UPS delivers more than 15 million packages a day to 6.1 million customers in more than 220 countries and territories around the...
Traffic statisticsRiga International Airport is one of three notable airports in Latvia. The other two are Liepāja International Airport
Liepaja International Airport
Liepāja International Airport is a regional airport in western Latvia which is certified for international air traffic. Together with Riga International Airport and Ventspils Airport this airport is one of the three notable airports in Latvia....
and Ventspils Airport. Riga International Airport's biggest air carrier is airBaltic
A/S Air Baltic Corporation, operating as AirBaltic and styled as airBaltic, is the Latvian flag carrier airline and a low-cost carrier, with its head office on the grounds of Riga International Airport in Mārupe municipality, near the capital, Riga...
. In 2010, the airport served 4,663,692 passengers, a 15% increase over 2009.
|310||398||504||506||535||555||562||574||623||633||712||1 060||1 878||2 495||3 161||3 691||4 066||4 664||4 433|
|1|| London, United Kingdom
London is the capital city of :England and the :United Kingdom, the largest metropolitan area in the United Kingdom, and the largest urban zone in the European Union by most measures. Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia, its history going back to its...
|2|| Oslo, Norway
Oslo is a municipality, as well as the capital and most populous city in Norway. As a municipality , it was established on 1 January 1838. Founded around 1048 by King Harald III of Norway, the city was largely destroyed by fire in 1624. The city was moved under the reign of Denmark–Norway's King...
|3|| Helsinki, Finland
Helsinki is the capital and largest city in Finland. It is in the region of Uusimaa, located in southern Finland, on the shore of the Gulf of Finland, an arm of the Baltic Sea. The population of the city of Helsinki is , making it by far the most populous municipality in Finland. Helsinki is...
|4|| Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm is the capital and the largest city of Sweden and constitutes the most populated urban area in Scandinavia. Stockholm is the most populous city in Sweden, with a population of 851,155 in the municipality , 1.37 million in the urban area , and around 2.1 million in the metropolitan area...
|5|| Moscow, Russia
Moscow is the capital, the most populous city, and the most populous federal subject of Russia. The city is a major political, economic, cultural, scientific, religious, financial, educational, and transportation centre of Russia and the continent...
|6|| Frankfurt, Germany
Frankfurt am Main , commonly known simply as Frankfurt, is the largest city in the German state of Hesse and the fifth-largest city in Germany, with a 2010 population of 688,249. The urban area had an estimated population of 2,300,000 in 2010...
|7|| Vilnius, Lithuania
Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania, and its largest city, with a population of 560,190 as of 2010. It is the seat of the Vilnius city municipality and of the Vilnius district municipality. It is also the capital of Vilnius County...
|8|| Brussels, Belgium
Brussels , officially the Brussels Region or Brussels-Capital Region , is the capital of Belgium and the de facto capital of the European Union...
- BusBusA bus is a road vehicle designed to carry passengers. Buses can have a capacity as high as 300 passengers. The most common type of bus is the single-decker bus, with larger loads carried by double-decker buses and articulated buses, and smaller loads carried by midibuses and minibuses; coaches are...
- Bus route #22, operated by Rīgas SatiksmeRigas SatiksmeRīgas Satiksme is a limited liability company of Riga municipality which operates public transport and vehicle hire in the Latvian capital Riga and its surrounding areas. The organisation's principal activities involve the operation of the city's 476 buses, 354 trolleybuses and 267 trams. It is...
, runs between Riga city centre and the airport.
- airBaltic in cooperation with Reval Hotel Latvia offers a shuttle bus service – Airport Express. The bus operates between Riga airport and the Reval Hotel Latvia, (in the city centre).
- There are international bus connections from the airport to cities in EstoniaEstoniaEstonia , officially the Republic of Estonia , is a state in the Baltic region of Northern Europe. It is bordered to the north by the Gulf of Finland, to the west by the Baltic Sea, to the south by Latvia , and to the east by Lake Peipsi and the Russian Federation . Across the Baltic Sea lies...
, LithuaniaLithuaniaLithuania , officially the Republic of Lithuania is a country in Northern Europe, the biggest of the three Baltic states. It is situated along the southeastern shore of the Baltic Sea, whereby to the west lie Sweden and Denmark...
, PolandPolandPoland , officially the Republic of Poland , is a country in Central Europe bordered by Germany to the west; the Czech Republic and Slovakia to the south; Ukraine, Belarus and Lithuania to the east; and the Baltic Sea and Kaliningrad Oblast, a Russian exclave, to the north...
and RussiaRussiaRussia or , officially known as both Russia and the Russian Federation , is a country in northern Eurasia. It is a federal semi-presidential republic, comprising 83 federal subjects...
. Additional information on bus routes and schedules may be found at the airport information centre.
- Partybuses can be good transport for groups, which in Latvia are for entertainment.
- Bus route #22, operated by Rīgas Satiksme
- ParkingParkingParking is the act of stopping a vehicle and leaving it unoccupied for more than a brief time. Parking on one or both sides of a road is commonly permitted, though often with restrictions...
- The airport also has 3 car parks, with ~1500 parking spaces, offering short- and long-term parking.
- TaxiTaxicabA taxicab, also taxi or cab, is a type of vehicle for hire with a driver, used by a single passenger or small group of passengers, often for a non-shared ride. A taxicab conveys passengers between locations of their choice...
- Three main taxi companies operate from Riga Airport.
- The airport and European route E22European route E22The European route E 22 is one of the longest European routes. It has a length of about . Many of the E-roads have been extended into Asia since the year 2000; the E 22 was extended on 24 June 2002.-United Kingdom:...
are connected by highway P133.
- The airport and European route E22
- List of largest airports in the Baltic states
- List of airports in Latvia
- Transportation in Latvia
- Rīgas SatiksmeRigas Satiksme
(Riga Public Transport)
- List of the largest airports in the Nordic countries