Shutter may refer to:
- Window shutterWindow shutterA window shutter is a solid and stable window covering usually consisting of a frame of vertical stiles and horizontal rails...
, a solid window covering used to block light and winds
- Plantation Shutters/Jigsaw Shutters, interior wooden louvred shutters to control heat, light and privacy
- Hurricane shutterHurricane shutterHurricane coverings, commonly known as shutters, are used in hurricane mitigation to protect houses and other structures from damage caused by storms.Hurricane shutters are used to prevent windows from being broken by flying objects during a storm...
, a reinforced window shutter for protection in strong winds
- Shutter (photography)Shutter (photography)In photography, a shutter is a device that allows light to pass for a determined period of time, for the purpose of exposing photographic film or a light-sensitive electronic sensor to light to capture a permanent image of a scene...
, a photographic device that administers the exposure by limiting the time over which light is admitted
- Movie projector shutter, used to interrupt the emitted light during the time the film is advanced to the next frame
- Stage lighting shutter, used to modify the light cast by a theatre lightStage lightingModern stage lighting is a flexible tool in the production of theatre, dance, opera and other performance arts. Several different types of stage lighting instruments are used in the pursuit of the various principles or goals of lighting. Stage lighting has grown considerably in recent years...
- A device used to manipulate pulses of light in a signal lampSignal lampA signal lamp is a visual signaling device for optical communication . Modern signal lamps are a focused lamp which can produce a pulse of light...
- Swell shutter, a flap used to control the flow of air through the pipes in a pipe organPipe organThe pipe organ is a musical instrument that produces sound by driving pressurized air through pipes selected via a keyboard. Because each organ pipe produces a single pitch, the pipes are provided in sets called ranks, each of which has a common timbre and volume throughout the keyboard compass...
- Shutter (2004 film), a 2004 horror film from Thailand
- Shutter (2007 film), a 2007 short film starring Sonja Bennett
- Shutter (2008 film)Shutter (2008 film)Shutter is a 2008 American remake of the 2004 Thai horror film of the same name. The remake was directed by Masayuki Ochiai, and was released on March 21, 2008.-Plot:...
, a 2008 American remake of the 2004 film, starring Joshua Jackson