(1) A hinged blind for a window
(2) A mechanical device on a camera that opens and closes to control the time of a photographic exposure
(3) Close with shutters
"We shuttered the window to keep the house cool"
- Protective panels, usually wooden, placed over windows to block out the light.
- The part of a camera that opens for a controlled period of time to let light in during taking a picture.
- To close the shutters.
- Shutter the windows, there's a storm coming!
- To close up a building for a prolonged period of inoccupancy.
- It took all day to shutter the cabin now that the season has ended.