Lists of patriarchs, archbishops, and bishops
This is a directory of patriarchs, archbishops, and bishops across various Christian denominations. To find an individual who was a bishop, see the most relevant article linked below or :Category:Bishops.
- List of popes
- Lists of patriarchs
- List of current patriarchs
- List of Roman Catholic cardinals (sortable by name, country, and birthdate)
- List of Roman Catholic bishops
- List of oldest Catholic bishops (100 oldest bishops, including cardinals)
- Bishop (Catholic Church)Bishop (Catholic Church)In the Catholic Church, a bishop is an ordained minister who holds the fullness of the sacrament of Holy Orders and is responsible for teaching the Catholic faith and ruling the Church....
- Catholic Church hierarchyCatholic Church hierarchyThe term Hierarchy in the Catholic Church has a variety of related usages. Literally, "holy government", the term is employed in different instances. There is a Hierarchy of Truths, which refers to the levels of solemnity of the official teaching of the faith...
- List of Roman Catholic bishops of the United States
- List of Roman Catholic archdioceses (by country and continent)
- List of Roman Catholic dioceses (alphabetical) (including archdioceses) (in the world)
- List of Roman Catholic dioceses (structured view) (including archdioceses) (in the world)
- List of Anglican dioceses
- List of current Anglican Primates
- List of Episcopal bishops (U.S.)
- List of presiding bishops in the Episcopal Church in the United States of America
- List of primates of the Orthodox Church in America
- List of American Orthodox bishops
- List of Orthodox dioceses and archdioceses
- List of Metropolitans and Patriarchs of Moscow
- List of bishops and archbishops of Novgorod
- List of Lutheran dioceses and archdioceses
- List of bishops of the Reformed Episcopal Church
- List of bishops of the United Methodist Church
- List of Charismatic Episcopal Church bishopsCharismatic Episcopal Church BishopsThe International Communion of the Charismatic Episcopal Church is an international Christian communion established as an Autocephalous Patriarchate in 1992 with over 1,000 churches worldwide...
- List of bishops and prince-bishops of Liège
- List of Bishops of Durham
- List of bishops of Edessa
- Mariavite Bishops
- PatriarchPatriarchOriginally a patriarch was a man who exercised autocratic authority as a pater familias over an extended family. The system of such rule of families by senior males is called patriarchy. This is a Greek word, a compound of πατριά , "lineage, descent", esp...
- CardinalCardinal (Catholicism)A cardinal is a senior ecclesiastical official, usually an ordained bishop, and ecclesiastical prince of the Catholic Church. They are collectively known as the College of Cardinals, which as a body elects a new pope. The duties of the cardinals include attending the meetings of the College and...
- ArchbishopArchbishopAn archbishop is a bishop of higher rank, but not of higher sacramental order above that of the three orders of deacon, priest , and bishop...
- BishopBishopA bishop is an ordained or consecrated member of the Christian clergy who is generally entrusted with a position of authority and oversight. Within the Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox Churches, in the Assyrian Church of the East, in the Independent Catholic Churches, and in the...
- Resident Bishop (United Methodist)Resident Bishop (United Methodist)A Resident Bishop in the United Methodist Church is a Bishop appointed to a specific Episcopal Area . A Resident Bishop also is the Presiding Bishop of any and all Annual Conferences of the Church within the Area...
- DioceseDioceseA diocese is the district or see under the supervision of a bishop. It is divided into parishes.An archdiocese is more significant than a diocese. An archdiocese is presided over by an archbishop whose see may have or had importance due to size or historical significance...
- Lists of office-holders
- Ecclesiastical polityEcclesiastical polityEcclesiastical polity is the operational and governance structure of a church or Christian denomination. It also denotes the ministerial structure of the church and the authority relationships between churches...
- Congregational polity
- Episcopal polityEpiscopal polityEpiscopal polity is a form of church governance that is hierarchical in structure with the chief authority over a local Christian church resting in a bishop...
- Presbyterian polityPresbyterian polityPresbyterian polity is a method of church governance typified by the rule of assemblies of presbyters, or elders. Each local church is governed by a body of elected elders usually called the session or consistory, though other terms, such as church board, may apply...
- All Catholic bishops, archbishops, patriarchs and cardinals by Giga-Catholic Information
- Catholic bishops and their apostolic succession Catholic Hierarchy
- Independent Movement Database - Database of Independent Bishops and Priest
- The World of Autocephalous Churches
- The Council of Bishops of the United Methodist Church