(1) A successful attempt at scoring
"The winning goal came with less than a minute left to play"
(2) Game equipment consisting of the place toward which players of a game try to advance a ball or puck in order to score points
(3) The state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it
"The ends justify the means"
(4) The place designated as the end (as of a race or journey)
"A crowd assembled at the finish"
"He was nearly exhausted as their destination came into view"
- A result that one is attempting to achieve.
- In many sports, an area into which the players attempt to put an object.
- The act of placing the object into the goal.
- Point(s) scored in a game as a result of placing the object into the goal.
- A noun or noun phrase that receives the action of a verb. The subject of a passive verb or the direct object of an active verb. Also called a patient, target, or undergoer.