(1) Belonging to immediate experience of actual things or events
"An objective example"
"There is no objective evidence of anything of the kind"
(2) Undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena
"An objective appraisal"
(3) Emphasizing or expressing things as perceived without distortion of personal feelings, insertion of fictional matter, or interpretation
(4) Serving as or indicating the object of a verb or of certain prepositions and used for certain other purposes
(5) The lens or system of lenses in a telescope or microscope that is nearest the object being viewed
(6) The goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
"The sole object of her trip was to see her children"
- Of or relating to a material object, actual existence or reality.
- Not influenced by the emotions or prejudices.
- Based on observed facts.
- Of, or relating to a noun or pronoun used as the object of a verb.