(1) A theatrical performer
(2) Someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
(3) A person who participates in or is skilled at some game
(4) An important participant (as in a business deal)
"He was a major player in setting up the corporation"
- One who plays any game.
- An actor in a dramatic play.
- One who plays on a musical instrument.
- One who is playful, given to games and other amusement; one without serious aims; an idler; a trifler.
- A gamer; a gamester.
- A gambler.
- A person who plays the field rather than having a long-term sexual relationship.
- An electronic device that plays various audio and video media, such as CD player.
- A software application that plays various audio and video formats.