(1) Social or verbal interchange (usually followed by `with')
(2) Buying and selling; especially illicit trade
(3) The amount of activity over a communication system during a given period of time
"Heavy traffic overloaded the trunk lines"
"Traffic on the internet is lightest during the night"
(4) The aggregation of things (pedestrians or vehicles) coming and going in a particular locality during a specified period of time
(5) Trade or deal a commodity
"They trafficked with us for gold"
(6) Deal illegally
From trafic, tráfico, traffico
- Pedestrians or vehicles on roads, or the flux or passage thereof.
- Traffic is slow at rush hour.
- Commercial transportation or exchange of goods, or the movement of passengers or people.
- Illegal trade or exchange of goods, often drugs.
- Exchange or flux of information, messages or data, as in a computer or telephone network.