(1) The feel of a surface or a fabric
"The wall had a smooth texture"
(2) The characteristic appearance of a surface having a tactile quality
(3) The musical pattern created by parts being played or sung together
"Then another melodic line is added to the texture"
(4) The essential quality of something
"The texture of Neapolitan life"
From < < , pp. ; see text.
- The feel or shape of a surface or substance; the smoothness, roughness, softness, etc. of something.
- The beans had a grainy, gritty texture in her mouth.
- The quality given to a work of art by the composition and interaction of its parts.
- The piece of music had a mainly smooth texture.
- An image applied to a polygon to create the appearance of a surface,