(1) A mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten
"Brass is an alloy of zinc and copper"
(2) Any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
(3) Cover with metal
- Any of a number of chemical elements in the periodic table that form a metallic bond with other metal atoms; generally shiny, somewhat malleable and hard, often a conductor of heat and electricity.
- Any material with similar physical properties, such as an alloy.
- Any element other than hydrogen and helium, or sometimes other than hydrogen.
- Crushed rock, stones etc. used to make a road.
- A light tincture used in a coat of arms, specifically argent and or.
- Molten glass that is to be blown or moulded to form objects
- A category of rock music encompassing a number of genres (including thrash metal, death metal, heavy metal, etc.) categorised by strong and/or fast drum-beats and distorted guitars.