(1) A delicate decorative fabric woven in an open web of symmetrical patterns
(2) A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment)
(3) Add alcohol to (beverages)
"The punch is spiked!"
(4) Spin or twist together so as to form a cord
"Intertwine the ribbons"
"Twine the threads into a rope"
(5) Draw through eyes or holes
"Lace the shoelaces"
(6) Do lacework
"The Flemish women were lacing in front of the cathedral"
(7) Make by braiding or interlacing
"Lace a tablecloth"
- A light fabric containing patterns of holes, usually built up from a single thread.
- A cord or ribbon passed through eyelets in a shoe or garment, pulled tight and tied to fasten the shoe or garment firmly.
- To fasten (something) with laces.
- To add alcohol, poison, a drug or anything else potentially harmful to (food or drink).
- To interweave items. (lacing one's fingers together)
- To interweave the spokes of a bicycle wheel