(1) Artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers
"The fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent"
"Woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC"
"She measured off enough material for a dress"
(2) The underlying structure
"Restoring the framework of the bombed building"
"It is part of the fabric of society"
From , from , from .
- structure, building
- The framework underlying a structure
- The fabric of our lives
- An act of construction, especially the erection of a church
- A material made of fibers, a textile or cloth.
- cotton fabric
- The texture of a cloth.
- the smooth fabric of an oriental silk cloth
- The appearance of crystalline grains in a rock
- Interconnected nodes that look like a textile 'fabric' when viewed collectively from a distance
- The internet is a fabric of computers connected by routers