(1) Drawing a figure satisfying certain conditions as part of solving a problem or proving a theorem
"The assignment was to make a construction that could be used in proving the Pythagorean theorem"
(2) The act of constructing something
"During the construction we had to take a detour"
"His hobby was the building of boats"
(3) The commercial activity involved in repairing old structures or constructing new ones
"Their main business is home construction"
"Workers in the building trades"
(4) A thing constructed; a complex entity constructed of many parts
"The structure consisted of a series of arches"
"She wore her hair in an amazing construction of whirls and ribbons"
(5) The creation of a construct; the process of combining ideas into a congruous object of thought
(6) A group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit
"I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
(7) An interpretation of a text or action
"They put an unsympathetic construction on his conduct"
- The process of constructing
- Construction is underway on the new bridge.
- Anything that has been constructed
- The engineer marvelled at his construction.
- The trade of building structures
- He had worked in construction all his life.
- A building, model or some other structure
- The office was a construction of steel and glass
- An artistic composition such as a collage etc.
- "Construction in string and clockwork" took first prize
- The manner in which something is built
- A thing of simple construction
- A group of words arranged to form a meaningful phrase