Royal Navy of Oman
The Royal Navy of Oman was formed in the early 1950s
- Qahir class corvetteCorvetteA corvette is a small, maneuverable, lightly armed warship, originally smaller than a frigate and larger than a coastal patrol craft or fast attack craft , although many recent designs resemble frigates in size and role...
s (1996-7) built by Vosper Thornycroft
- Q31 Qahir Al AmwajQahir Al AmwajThe Qahir Al Amwaj is an Omani corvette of the Oman Qahir class. It was built by Vosper Thornycroft in the United Kingdom as a stealthy version of their Mark 9 corvette, utilizing both radar-absorbent materials in the hull and angled shapes to minimize radar refraction.- External links :*...
- Q32 Al Mua'zzar
- Q31 Qahir Al Amwaj
- Dhofar (Province class fast attack craft) (1982–1989) - MM40 Exocet SSMs, Oto 76 mm gun; sisters to Kenya's Nyayo class built by Vosper Thornycroft
- B10 Dhofar
- B11 Al Sharquiyah
- B12 Al Bat'nah
- B14 Mussandam
- Al Bushra class 54 m / 450 tonnes patrol craft (1995-6) -
- Z1 Al Bushra
- Z2 Al Mansoor
- Z3 Al Najah
- Al Mabrukah - former royal yacht now used as a patrol ship
- Amphibious ships :
- L3 Fulk al SalamahFulk al SalamahFulk al Salamah is an amphibious transport ship in service with the Royal Navy of Oman since her construction in 1987. The vessel is capable of transporting 240 troops, but now works alongside the royal yacht....
- 10,000 ton amphibious transport
- L2 Nasr al Bahr - small British-built landing ship
- A2 Al Sultana - small Dutch-built logistics ship
- L3 Fulk al Salamah
- Al SaidAl Said (yacht)Al Said is a luxury yacht owned by the Sultan Qaboos of Oman. The yacht was ordered to be made in 2006, by Lürssen.The ship was code named Project Sunflower during its construction. It is currently the world's third largest super-yacht....
- royal yacht
- S1 Shabab Oman - training ship
- 50 VT-1Crotale NG SAMs
- 162 ExocetExocetThe Exocet is a French-built anti-ship missile whose various versions can be launched from surface vessels, submarines, helicopters and fixed wing aircraft. Hundreds were fired in combat during the 1980s.-Etymology:...
MM-40 (122 Block-1+ 40 Block-2)
- ExocetExocetThe Exocet is a French-built anti-ship missile whose various versions can be launched from surface vessels, submarines, helicopters and fixed wing aircraft. Hundreds were fired in combat during the 1980s.-Etymology:...
- HarpoonHarpoonA harpoon is a long spear-like instrument used in fishing to catch fish or large marine mammals such as whales. It accomplishes this task by impaling the target animal, allowing the fishermen to use a rope or chain attached to the butt of the projectile to catch the animal...
- MicaMicaThe mica group of sheet silicate minerals includes several closely related materials having highly perfect basal cleavage. All are monoclinic, with a tendency towards pseudohexagonal crystals, and are similar in chemical composition...
- MASS Ship protection system
- 3x SMART-S MK-II Ship sensors
- 2x MW-8 Air search radar
- 5x Sting fire control radar
- 2x DRBV-51C fire control radar
- 3x RA-20S air search radar
- 4x 9LV radar Sweden
- 3x CEROS-200 radar Sweden
- 3 Offshore patrol vessels known the Khareef Class CorvettesKhareef Class CorvettesThe Khareef class are 3 Corvettes currently under construction for the Royal Navy of Oman. The first vessel named the Al Shamikh was launched in July 2009 and the second, Al-Rahmani, was named on 23 July 2010...
are currently under construction at BAE Systems Surface Ships, in the United KingdomUnited KingdomThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern IrelandIn the United Kingdom and Dependencies, other languages have been officially recognised as legitimate autochthonous languages under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages...
, for delivery in 2010. They will feature a 12-cell VL MicaMBDA MICAThe MBDA MICA is an anti-air multi-target, all weather, fire-and-forget short and medium-range missile system. It is intended for use both by air platforms as individual missiles as well as ground units and ships, which can be equipped with the rapid fire MICA Vertical Launch System...
launcher, MM40 ExocetExocetThe Exocet is a French-built anti-ship missile whose various versions can be launched from surface vessels, submarines, helicopters and fixed wing aircraft. Hundreds were fired in combat during the 1980s.-Etymology:...
Block 3 SSMs, an Oto Melara 76/62 Super RapidOtobreda 76 mmThe Otobreda 76 mm gun is a naval artillery piece built by the Italian defence conglomerate Otobreda. It is based on the Oto Melara 76mm/L62 Allargato, which was bigger and heavier...
gun, 2 MSI DS 30M 30 mm guns and MASSMASS (decoy system)MASS is a naval self-defence system, produced by Rheinmetall of Germany. It is connected to the ship's sensors and protects ships from attacks by advanced, sensor-guided missiles, by launching decoys, that operate in all relevant wavelengths on the electromagnetic spectrum .As of March 31/09,...
decoy system. The first vessel Al-Shamikh is undergoing sea trials.