Motor Lublin (ˈmɔtɔr ˈlublin) is a Polish
Poland , officially the Republic of Poland , is a country in Central Europe bordered by Germany to the west; the Czech Republic and Slovakia to the south; Ukraine, Belarus and Lithuania to the east; and the Baltic Sea and Kaliningrad Oblast, a Russian exclave, to the north...
Association football, more commonly known as football or soccer, is a sport played between two teams of eleven players with a spherical ball...
team based in Lublin
Lublin is the ninth largest city in Poland. It is the capital of Lublin Voivodeship with a population of 350,392 . Lublin is also the largest Polish city east of the Vistula river...
. The club was founded in December 1950 with their nickname The Yellow, White and Blues reflecting their official colours. They currently play in the Polish Second League
Polish Second League
II Liga is a Polish football league that sits at the 3rd tier of the Polish football league system. Until the end of the 2007–08 season II Liga referred to a league at the 2nd tier, although this changed with the formation of the Ekstraklasa as the top level league in Poland...
- (till 1950) Metalowiec
- (since 1950) ZKS Stal Lublin
- (since 1957) Robotniczy Klub Sportowy Motor Lublin
- (since 1998) Lubelski Klub Piłkarski
- (since 2001) LKP Motor Lublin
- First leaguePolish Championship in FootballPolish Championship in FootballYear, 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place* 1913: Cracovia, Pogoń Lwów, Czarni Lwów * 1920: abandoned * 1921: Cracovia, Polonia Warszawa, Warta Poznań...
- 9 seasons in the First league:
- Second league
- 19 seasons in the Second league:
- 1968/69 - 1971/72
- 1973/74 - 1979/80
- 1987/88 - 1988/89
- 1992/93 - 1995/96
- Polish CupPolish CupThe Polish Cup in football or officially Remes Puchar Polski, is an elimination tournament for Polish football clubs, held continuously from 1950, and is the second most important national title in Polish football after the Ekstraklasa title...
- Quarterfinals in 1978/79 and 1981/82
- Polish Championship U-19
- Winners in 1971
- UEFA Intertoto CupUEFA Intertoto CupThe UEFA Intertoto Cup, also abbreviated as UI Cup and originally called the International Football Cup, was a summer football competition for European clubs that had not qualified for one of the two major UEFA competitions, the Champions League and the UEFA Cup. The competition was discontinued...
- Participants in 1982 - played against Lyngby BK, MSV DuisburgMSV DuisburgMSV Duisburg is a German association football club based in Duisburg, North Rhine-Westphalia. Nicknamed "the Zebras" for their traditional striped jerseys, the club was one of the original members of the Bundesliga when it was formed in 1963.-Early years:...
and FC Luzern
- Participants in 1982 - played against Lyngby BK, MSV Duisburg
Notable players1. Władysław Żmuda
2. Jacek Bąk
Jacek Bąk is a retired Polish footballer. He had made 96 appearances for the Poland national football team.-Club career:He made his footballing debut with Motor Lublin aged just 16, before moving to Lech Poznań two years later....
3. Zygmunt Kalinowski
Zygmunt Kalinowski is a former Polish professional football goalkeeper.Among the clubs he played for included Legia Warsaw, Śląsk Wrocław and Motor Lublin. He earned 4 caps for the Poland national football team, and was a reserve goalkeeper in the 1974 FIFA World Cup, where Poland finished...
4. Ryszard Brysiak
5. Leszek Iwanicki
Leszek Iwanicki is former Polish football player who was play at midfielder for Widzew Łódź mostly.His previous clubs were Piast Gliwice, Zawisza Rzgów, Marko Walichnowy, RKS Radomsko, Polonia Bytom, Widzew Łódź, Motor Lublin, Legia Warsaw, and Urania Geneva in Switzerland, SK Vorwärts Steyr in...
6. Roman Dębiński
7. Andrzej Pop
8. Witold Sokołowski
9. Maciej Famulski
10. Jerzy Krawczyk
- Football in PolandFootball in PolandFootball is the most popular sport in Poland. Over 400,000 Poles play football regularly, with millions more playing occasionally. The first professional clubs were founded in the early 1900s, and the Polish national football team played its first international match in 1921.There are hundreds of...
- List of football teams
- Champions' Cup/LeagueUEFA Champions LeagueThe UEFA Champions League, known simply the Champions League and originally known as the European Champion Clubs' Cup or European Cup, is an annual international club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations since 1955 for the top football clubs in Europe. It...
- UEFA CupUEFA CupThe UEFA Europa League is an annual association football cup competition organised by UEFA since 1971 for eligible European football clubs. It is the second most prestigious European club football contest after the UEFA Champions League...