(1) (Norse mythology) god of thunder and rain and farming; pictured as wielding a hammer emblematic of the thunderbolt; identified with Teutonic Donar
Representing (Swedish ); cognate with Old English .
- The god of thunder in Norse mythology.
- occasionally borrowed from Scandinavia.
- The god of thunder, protection and justice in the modern pagan faith of Heathenry.
- , shortened from compound names beginning with Thor-/Tor-.
Related termsThorbjørn, Thorkild, Thorvald, Thyge, Toke, Torben, Torsten, Troels, Tue Thora, Tove
- Thor, God in Norse mythology.
- , a less common spelling of Tor.