(1) Beneath the surface of the sea
(2) A submersible warship usually armed with torpedoes
(3) A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
(4) Attack by submarine
"The Germans submarined the Allies"
(5) Control a submarine
(6) Bring down with a blow to the legs
(7) Throw with an underhand motion
(8) Move forward or under in a sliding motion
"The child was injured when he submarined under the safety belt of the car"
- A boat that can go underwater.
- A kind of sandwich made in a long loaf of bread.
- Pitch delivered with an underhand motion.
SynonymsU-boat grinder, hero, hoagie, hoagy, poor boy, po' boy, sub, submarine sandwich, torpedo, wedge
- To operate or serve on a submarine
- To torpedo; to destroy with a sudden sneak attack