(1) A framework of metal bars used as a partition or a grate
"He cooked hamburgers on the grill"
(2) A restaurant where food is cooked on a grill
(3) Cook over a grill
"Grill the sausages"
- A rack; a grid of wire or a sheet of material with a pattern of holes or slots, usually used to protect something while allowing the passage of air and liquids. Typical uses: to allow air through a fan while preventing fingers or objects from passing; to allow people to talk to somebody, while preventing attack.
- On a vehicle, a slotted cover as above, to protect and hide the radiator, while admitting air to cool it.
- A device comprising a source of radiant heat and a means of holding food near it, to cook it; a barbecue; a griddle.
- I put some peppers and mushrooms on the grill to go with dinner.