(1) A general kind of something
"Ignore the genus communism"
(2) (biology) taxonomic group containing one or more species
< < root in ,
- a rank in the classification of organisms, below family and above species; a taxon at that rank
- All magnolias belong to the genus Magnolia.
- Other species of the genus Bos are often called cattle or wild cattle.
- A group with common attributes
- A number measuring some aspect of the complexity of any of various manifolds or graphs
- Within a definition, a broader category of the defined concept.
- generic name
- species differentia