(1) An abstraction belonging to or characteristic of an entity
(2) A construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished
"Self-confidence is not an endearing property"
(3) Attribute or credit to
"We attributed this quotation to Shakespeare"
"People impute great cleverness to cats"
(4) Decide as to where something belongs in a scheme
"The biologist assigned the mushroom to the proper class"
- A characteristic or quality of a thing.
- His finest attribute is his kindness.
- A word that qualifies a noun.
- In the clause "My jacket is more expensive than yours", "My" is the attribute of "jacket".
- The applicable option selection; a variable or a value.
- This packet has its coherency attribute set to zero.
- That which is predicated or affirmed of a subject; a predicate; an accident.
- An item with which a method, etc. may be decorated.
- There are some more implementations which use C# attributes to define custom attributes specific to the AOP engine. Then the classes that need to be intercepted will be decorated with these custom attributes.