(1) A block in the (approximate) shape of a cube
(2) Any of several tropical American woody plants of the genus Lonchocarpus whose roots are used locally as a fish poison and commercially as a source of rotenone
(3) The product of three equal terms
(4) A three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides
(5) A hexahedron with six equal squares as faces
(6) Raise to the third power
(7) Cut into cubes
"Cube the cheese"
From , from .
- A regular polyhedron having six identical square faces.
- Any object more or less in the form of a cube.
- a sugar cube
- a stock cube
- The third power of a number, value, term or expression.
- the cube of 2 is 8
Synonymsregular hexahedron block, brick, die, square block third power
- To raise to the third power; to determine the result of multiplying by itself twice.
- Three cubed can be written as 33, and equals twenty-seven.
- To form into the shape of a cube.
- To cut into cubes.
- Cube the ham right after adding the curry to the rice.
- to use a Rubik's cube.
- He likes to cube now and then.
Clipped form of (with intentional reference to their common shape per cube, etymology 1), which from , from .