(1) Any of various small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae having coppery wings
(2) A reddish-brown color resembling the color of polished copper
(3) Uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
(4) A copper penny
(5) A ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element; occurs in various minerals but is the only metal that occurs abundantly in large masses; used as an electrical and thermal conductor
(6) Coat with a layer of copper
From , from , from , contraction of , from .
- a reddish-brown, malleable, ductile metallic element with high electrical and thermal conductivity, symbol Cu, and atomic number 29.
- Something made of copper.
- The reddish-brown colour/color of copper.
- A copper coin.
- A large pot used for heating water or washing clothes over a fire.
- Mum would heat the water in a copper in the kitchen and transfer it to the tin bath.
- I explain that socks can’t be boiled up in the copper with the sheets and towels or they shrink.
- cupr-, cupro-
- cuprea bark
- ferrous sulphate
- lentigohepatic degeneration
- peacock ore