Yukon Gold hash
Yukon Gold hash is a cooked potato, vegetable and meat hash
Hash is a dish consisting of meat, potatoes, and spices, that are mashed together into a smooth, creamy consistency, and then cooked either alone or with other ingredients such as onions....
topped with eggs. Named for one of its chief ingredients, the Yukon Gold potato
Yukon Gold potato
Yukon Gold is a large variety of potato most distinctly characterized by its smooth eye free skin and yellow tinged flesh. This variety of potato was developed in 1960’s by G. R. Johnston and R.G. Rowberry in Guelph, Ontario, Canada at the University of Guelph...
, it is usually eaten as a breakfast meal and has several variations, including a vegetarian version.
Ingredients may include:
- Yukon Gold potatoYukon Gold potatoYukon Gold is a large variety of potato most distinctly characterized by its smooth eye free skin and yellow tinged flesh. This variety of potato was developed in 1960’s by G. R. Johnston and R.G. Rowberry in Guelph, Ontario, Canada at the University of Guelph...
- Sweet potatoSweet potatoThe sweet potato is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the family Convolvulaceae. Its large, starchy, sweet-tasting, tuberous roots are an important root vegetable. The young leaves and shoots are sometimes eaten as greens. Of the approximately 50 genera and more than 1,000 species of...
- FennelFennelFennel is a plant species in the genus Foeniculum . It is a member of the family Apiaceae . It is a hardy, perennial, umbelliferous herb, with yellow flowers and feathery leaves...
- Red bell pepperBell pepperBell pepper, also known as sweet pepper or a pepper and capsicum , is a cultivar group of the species Capsicum annuum . Cultivars of the plant produce fruits in different colors, including red, yellow, orange and green. Bell peppers are sometimes grouped with less pungent pepper varieties as...
- Italian sausageItalian sausageIn the United States, Italian sausage most often refers to a style of pork sausage noted for being seasoned with fennel and/or anise as the primary seasoning...
- ThymeThymeThyme is a culinary and medicinal herb of the genus Thymus.-History:Ancient Egyptians used thyme for embalming. The ancient Greeks used it in their baths and burnt it as incense in their temples, believing it was a source of courage...
- ScallionScallionScallions , are the edible plants of various Allium species, all of which are "onion-like", having hollow green leaves and lacking a fully developed root bulb.-Etymology:The words...
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- White vinegar
- Jenny Mac's Lip Smack blog (October 28, 2010). "Yukon Gold Breakfast Hash" (blog)
- Other hash recipes using Yukon Gold Potatoes on YummlyYummlyYummly is a semantic web search engine for food, cooking and recipes. It ‘understands’ food on a variety of levels, allows users to search by ingredient, diet, allergy, nutrition, price, cuisine, time, taste, meal courses and sources, and ‘learns’ about users based on their likes and dislikes....