Rune Glifberg is a professional skateboarder
Skateboarding is an action sport which involves riding and performing tricks using a skateboard.Skateboarding can be a recreational activity, an art form, a job, or a method of transportation. Skateboarding has been shaped and influenced by many skateboarders throughout the years. A 2002 report...
who currently resides in the Leucadia district of Encinitas
Encinitas is a coastal beach city in San Diego County, California. Located within Southern California, it is approximately north of San Diego in North County and about south of Los Angeles. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 59,518, up from 58,014 at the 2000 census. Encinitas is...
California is a state located on the West Coast of the United States. It is by far the most populous U.S. state, and the third-largest by land area...
. Glifberg began skating at age 11 after a friend brought a board over to his house. In the early 1990s, Glifberg turned professional as a vert skater and made the trek across the Atlantic Ocean
The Atlantic Ocean is the second-largest of the world's oceanic divisions. With a total area of about , it covers approximately 20% of the Earth's surface and about 26% of its water surface area...
to the United States
The United States of America is a federal constitutional republic comprising fifty states and a federal district...
. Glifberg signed on with Flip Skateboards
Flip Skateboards is a US-based international skateboard company, owned by Jeremy Fox, Ian Deacon, and Geoff Rowley. The company produces skateboard decks, wheels, and clothing. Flip is distributed by NHS Distribution in the US.- History :...
, the company he still skates for, and immediately made a splash by trying wild stunt
A stunt is an unusual and difficult physical feat, or any act requiring a special skill, performed for artistic purposes in TV, theatre, or cinema...
s in pools and on vert ramps
A half-pipe is a structure used in gravity extreme sports such as snowboarding, skateboarding, skiing, freestyle BMX, and inline skating. The structure is wood, concrete, metal, earth, or snow. It resembles a cross section of a swimming pool, essentially two concave ramps , topped by copings and...
Rune now has a part ownership of Pipeline Distribution, and looks to continue his skateboarding for years to come.
Glifberg was also a playable character in the first five installments of Tony Hawk series of video games.
His second signature shoe with etnies is called the Forsvar, meaning defend or defense in Danish.
Rune is currently has a line of signature shoes with Converse. The Allston and the Rune Pro Mid.
Glifberg's Copenhagen based event company RunEvent was the organizer of 2010's "Burning of the Witch" skateboard contest at Amager Strandpark in Denmark. Burning of the Witch was made possible in conjunction with one of Rune's sponsors Volcom and Thrasher Magazine and displayed some of the best skateboarding Denmark has ever seen. RunEvent is currently organizing Rune's 25th skateboarding anniversary to be held at Fœlledparken, Copenhagen in the summer of 2011.
Rune is known for his deep bag of tricks. Rune is also known as the master of Kickflip Backside Lipslide.
- Flip SkateboardsFlip SkateboardsFlip Skateboards is a US-based international skateboard company, owned by Jeremy Fox, Ian Deacon, and Geoff Rowley. The company produces skateboard decks, wheels, and clothing. Flip is distributed by NHS Distribution in the US.- History :...
- ConverseConverseConverse is an American shoe company that has been making shoes, lifestyle fashion and athletic apparel since the early 20th century. Converse is one of the earliest pioneers in the sneaker and sporting good industry founded in 1908.- 1908–1941: Early days :...
- VolcomVolcomVolcom, Inc. is a designer, marketer and distributor of young men's and young women's clothing, footwear, accessories and related products sold under the Volcom brand name. Volcom is headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, United States...
- Burn Energy
- OakleyOakleyOakley may refer to:* Oakley, Inc., an eyewear manufacturer* Baron Oakley, a hereditary title-United Kingdom:*Oakley, Bedfordshire, England*Oakley, Buckinghamshire, England*Oakley, Dorset, England*Oakley, Fife, Scotland...
- Ricta Wheels
- MOB Griptape
- 2nd. Place - 2010 Vans Protec Pool Party.
' 2nd. Place - 2009 Converse Fix To Ride
- 1st. Place - 2009 X GAMES 15 Skateboard Park.
- 1st. Place - 2009 Copenhagen Pro vert.
- 3rd. Place - 2009 Vans Protec Pool Party.
- 1st. Place - 2008 X GAMES 14 SUPERPARK
- Ranked 1st Place. WCSK8 - World Champion Skateboarding World Bowl Rankings.
- 2nd. Place - 2008 Copenhagen Pro vert.
- 1st. Place - 2008 Quiksilver Bowlriders Malmo.
- 1st. Place - 2008 Vans Protec Pool Party.
- 2nd. Place - 2008 Bondi Bowl-A-Rama Australia.
- 1st. Place - 2008 Okaley Bowl-A-Rama Wellington, New Zealand.
- 1st. Place - 2007 Copenhagen Pro vert.
- Ranked 2nd in 2007 WCSK8 World Bowl Rankings.
- 1st. Place - 2007 Protec Pool Party
- 1st. Place - 2007 Bondi Bowl-A-Rama Australia.
- 1st. Place - 2006 Northshore Bowl Jam.
- 3rd. Place - 2006 Desert Dog Park Slalom.
- 1st. Place - 2006 Desert Dog Bowl Bash.
- 2nd. Place - 2006 GVR Etnies Bowl.
- 1st. Place - 2006 Mystic Sk8 Cup: Vert.
- 2nd. place - 2006 Oregon Trifecta West Linn, Oregon Bowl.
- 1st. Place - 2006 Oregon Trifecta Lincoln City, Oregon Bowl.
- Ranked 2nd 2006 WCSK8 World Bowl Rankings. (Wcsk8)
- 2nd. Place - 2006 Vans Pro-Tec Pool Party.
- 1st. Place - 2007 Quiksilver Bowlriders (Sweden)
- 1st. Place - 2005 Vans Pro-Tec Pool Party.
- 1st. Place - 2004 Mystic Sk8 Cup: Vert.
- 3rd. Place - 2004 Toronto West 49 Open Vert Best Trick.
- 3rd. Place - 2004 Toronto West 49 Open Vert.
- 1st. Place - 2004 Gravity Games: Vert.
- 1st. Place - 2004 Snickers Bowl Games.
- Ranked 2nd in 2003 WCSK8 Pro Vert European Rankings. www.wcsk8.com
- 2nd. Place - 2003 Globe World Championships Vert.
- 1st. Place - 2003 Scandinavian Open: Vert.
- 1st. Place - 2003 Tampa Pro: Vert.
- Ranked 2nd in 2002 Pro Vert European Rankings. www.wcsk8.com
- 1st. place - 2002 Scandinavian Open: Vert.
- Ranked 1st; World Champion Skateboarding Vert 2001. www.wcsk8.com
- 1st Place - 2001 Scandinavian Open: Vert.
- 1st. Place - 2001 Gravity Games: Vert.
- 1st. Place - 1998 Slam City JamSlam City JamSlam City Jam, the North American Skateboard Championships, was scheduled to return to Vancouver, BC in May 2008, but it has been postponed to May 2009 for unknown reasons. Debuted in Vancouver in 1994, Slam City Jam is the longest-running skateboarding event in North America and is among the best...
- 1st. Place - 1996 Slam City Jam: Vert.
- Summer 1995 Skateboard VERT: 3
- Summer 1996 Skateboard VERT: 17
- Summer 1997 Skateboard VERT: 2
- Summer 1997 Skateboard VERT DOUBLES (Mike Crum): 5
- Summer 1997 Skateboard PARK: 15
- Summer 1998 Skateboard VERT: 12
- Summer 1999 Skateboard VERT: 12
- Summer 1999 Skateboard VERT DOUBLES (Mike Crum): 3
- Summer 2000 Skateboard VERT 5
- Summer 2000 Skateboard VERT DOUBLES (Mike Crum): 6
- Summer 2001 Skateboard VERT: 6
- Summer 2002 Skateboard VERT: 3
- Summer 2002 Skateboard VERT DOUBLES (Mike Crum): 3
- Summer 2003 Skateboard VERT: 3
- Summer 2003 Skateboard VERT DOUBLES (Mike Crum): 2
- Summer 2003 Skateboard VERT BEST TRICK: 6
- Summer 2004 Skateboard VERT: 3
- Summer 2005 Skateboard VERT: 9
- Summer 2005 Skateboard VERT BEST TRICK: 5
- Summer 2006 Skateboard VERT: 5
- Summer 2008 Skateboard Super Park :1
- Summer 2009X Games XVX Games XV was the fifteenth annual X Games. It was an action sporting event which took place from July 30 - August 2, 2009 in Los Angeles, California at the Staples Center and the Home Depot Center...
Skateboard Park: 1