Atelomycterus is a genus
In biology, a genus is a low-level taxonomic rank used in the biological classification of living and fossil organisms, which is an example of definition by genus and differentia...
Catsharks are ground sharks of the family Scyliorhinidae, with over 150 known species. While they are generally known as catsharks, many species are commonly called dogfish....
In biological classification, family is* a taxonomic rank. Other well-known ranks are life, domain, kingdom, phylum, class, order, genus, and species, with family fitting between order and genus. As for the other well-known ranks, there is the option of an immediately lower rank, indicated by the...
- Atelomycterus baliensisAtelomycterus baliensisThe Bali catshark is a species of catshark, family Scyliorhinidae, found only from the Indonesian island of Bali. Its length is up to 47 cm....
W. T. White, Last & Dharmadi, 2005 (Bali catshark)
- Atelomycterus fasciatus Compagno & Stevens, 1993 (Banded sand catshark)
- Atelomycterus macleayi WhitleyGilbert Percy WhitleyGilbert Percy Whitley was a British-born Australian ichthyologist and malacologist who was Curator of Fishes at the Australian Museum in Sydney for about 40 years. He was born at Swaythling, Southampton, England, and was educated at King Edward VI School, Southampton and Osborne House...
, 1939 (Australian marbled catshark)
- Atelomycterus marmoratus (Anonymous, referred to E. T. BennettEdward Turner BennettEdward Turner Bennett was an English zoologist and writer. He was the elder brother of the botanist John Joseph Bennett. Bennett was born at Hackney and practiced as a surgeon, but his chief pursuit was always zoology...
, 1830) (Coral catshark)
- Atelomycterus marnkalha Jacobsen & M. B. Bennett, 2007 (Eastern banded catshark)