(1) A horizontal crosspiece across a window or separating a door from a window over it
(2) A window above a door that is usually hinged to a horizontal crosspiece over the door
- A crosspiece over a door; a lintel.
- A small hinged window above a door or another window.
- A horizontal dividing bar in a window.
- Any of several transverse structural members in a ship, especially at the stern; a thwart.
- The flat or nearly flat stern of a boat or ship.
- The horizontal beam on a cross or gallows.