(1) The position and power of an exalted person (a sovereign or bishop) who is entitled to sit in a chair of state on ceremonial occasions
(2) The chair of state of a monarch, bishop, etc.
"The king sat on his throne"
(3) A plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
(4) Put a monarch on the throne
"The Queen was enthroned more than 50 years ago"
(5) Sit on the throne as a ruler
- The ornate seat a King or Queen sits on for formal occasions, usually placed on a raised dais in the throne room.
- He approached the throne reverently.
- The formal position of a sovereign.
- The lavatory or toilet.
- She’s on the throne.
- The third highest order of angel in Christian angelology, ranked above minions and below cherubim.
- A type of stool used by drummers.