(1) The highest waterfall; has more than one leap; flow varies seasonally
(2) Spiritual being attendant upon God
(3) Invests in a theatrical production
(4) Person of exceptional holiness
- , from Angelo or an anglicized spelling of Ángel.
- from the English noun angel.
- A player on the team the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim".
- Smith became an Angel as a result of a pre-season trade.
- 1973 Roald Dahl: More Tales of the Unexpected: Mr Botibol:
- "What is your first name, Mr Botibol? What does the A stand for?"
- "Angel," he answered.
- "Not Angel."
- "Yes," he said irritably.
- "Angel Botibol," she murmured and she began to giggle. But she checked herself and said, "I think it's a most unusual and distinguished name."