(1) The process of using your mind to consider something carefully
"Thinking always made him frown"
"She paused for thought"
(2) The content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about
"It was not a good idea"
"The thought never entered my mind"
(3) A personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty
"My opinion differs from yours"
"What are your thoughts on Haiti?"
(4) The organized beliefs of a period or group or individual
"19th century thought"
- an idea; an instance of thinking.
- the state or condition of thinking.
- The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it’s unfamiliar territory. —Paul Fix
- A particular way of thinking-that associated with a group, nation or region.
- "Eastern thought".