(1) A white crystalline carbohydrate used as a sweetener and preservative
(2) Informal terms for money
(3) An essential structural component of living cells and source of energy for animals; includes simple sugars with small molecules as well as macromolecular substances; are classified according to the number of monosaccharide groups they contain
(4) Sweeten with sugar
"Sugar your tea"
From , from , from Old Italian zucchero, from , from , from , akin to Acnient Greek .
- Sucrose in the form of small crystals, obtained from sugar cane or sugar beet and used to sweeten food and drink.
- When used to sweeten drink, an amount of such crystalline sucrose approximately equal to five grams or one teaspoon.
- He usually has his coffee white with one sugar.
- Any of various small carbohydrates that are used by organisms to store energy.
- A generic term for sucrose, glucose, fructose, etc.
- A term of endearment.
- I'll be with you in a moment, sugar.
- A kiss.
- Effeminacy in a male, often implying homosexuality.
- I think John has a little bit of sugar in him.
- To add sugar to; to sweeten with sugar.
- John heavily sugars his coffee.
- To make (something unpleasant) seem less so.
- She has a gift for sugaring what would otherwise be harsh words.
- Used in place of shit!
- Oh, sugar!
- agave syrup
- barley malt syrup
- birch syrup
- blanco directo
- brown rice syrup
- corn syrup
- Florida crystals
- fruit syrup
- golden syrup
- goor, gur
- high fructose corn syrup
- holing cane
- maple syrup
- neohesperidin dihydrochalcone
- panocha, panoche