(1) Stringed instruments that are played with a bow
"The strings played superlatively well"
(2) A necklace made by a stringing objects together
"A string of beads"
"A strand of pearls";
(3) A tie consisting of a cord that goes through a seam around an opening
"He pulled the drawstring and closed the bag"
(4) A lightweight cord
(5) A tightly stretched cord of wire or gut, which makes sound when plucked, struck, or bowed
(6) A collection of objects threaded on a single strand
(7) A linear sequence of symbols (characters or words or phrases)
(8) A sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding
"A string of islands"
"Train of mourners"
"A train of thought"
(9) (cosmology) a hypothetical one-dimensional subatomic particle having a concentration of energy and the dynamic properties of a flexible loop
(10) Add as if on a string
"String these ideas together"
"String up these songs and you'll have a musical"
(11) Provide with strings
"String my guitar"
(12) Thread on or as if on a string
"String pearls on a string"
"The child drew glass beads on a string"
"Thread dried cranberries"
(13) Remove the stringy parts of
(14) String together; tie or fasten with a string
"String the package"
(15) Stretch out or arrange like a string
(16) Move or come along
- A long, thin and flexible structure made from threads twisted together.
- Such a structure considered as a substance.
- Any long, thin and flexible object.
- a violin string
- A cohesive substance taking the form of a string.
- The string of spittle dangling from his chin was most unattractive
- A series of items or events.
- a string of successes
- A sequence of characters stored consecutively in memory and capable of being processed as a single entity.
- A data type storing a sequence of data values, usually bytes, in which elements usually stand for characters according to a character encoding.
- An ordered sequence of symbols of a predetermined set or alphabet.
- A stringed instrument or the person playing that instrument.
- the main object of study in string theory, a branch of theoretical physics
- A slang term for cannabis or marijuana
- (long, thin structure): cord, rope, line
- (this structure as a substance): cord, rope, twine
- (anything long and thin):
- (cohesive substance in the form of a string):
- (series of items or events): sequence, series
- (sequence of characters in computing):
- (stringed instruments): string section the strings, or the string section
- (conditions): conditions, provisos
- To put (items) on a string.
- You can string these beads on to this cord to make a colorful necklace
- To put strings on (something).
- It is difficult to string a tennis racket properly