(1) The quality of lacking any predictable order or plan
(2) (thermodynamics) a thermodynamic quantity representing the amount of energy in a system that is no longer available for doing mechanical work
"Entropy increases as matter and energy in the universe degrade to an ultimate state of inert uniformity"
- The property of all possible outcomes being equally likely.
- A type of circumstance or event that is described by a probability distribution.
- A measure of the lack of purpose, logic or objectivity of an event.
- There was no randomness in the teacher's selection of the class representative.