(1) The activity of supplying or providing something
(2) The cognitive process of thinking about what you will do in the event of something happening
"His planning for retirement was hindered by several uncertainties"
(3) A stipulated condition
"He accepted subject to one provision"
(4) A store or supply of something (especially of food or clothing or arms)
(5) Supply with provisions
- An item of goods or supplies obtained for future use.
- Money set aside for a future event.
- A liability or contra account to recognise likely future adverse events associated with current transactions.
- We increased our provision for bad debts on credit sales going into the recession.
From provisionem (nominative of provisio, from providere "provide")