(1) A secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)
"They concocted a plot to discredit the governor"
"I saw through his little game from the start"
(2) The story that is told in a novel or play or movie etc.
"The characters were well drawn but the plot was banal"
(3) A chart or map showing the movements or progress of an object
(4) A small area of ground covered by specific vegetation
"A bean plot"
"A cabbage patch"
"A briar patch"
(5) Plan secretly, usually something illegal
"They plotted the overthrow of the government"
(6) Make a plat of
"Plat the town"
(7) Make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows how things work or how they are constructed
- The general course of a story including significant events that determine its course or significant patterns of events.
- An area or land used for building on or planting on.
- A plan to commit a crime.
- A graph or diagram drawn by hand or produced by a mechanical or electronic device.