(1) The act of plagiarizing; taking someone's words or ideas as if they were your own
(2) Hijacking on the high seas or in similar contexts; taking a ship or plane away from the control of those who are legally entitled to it
- Robbery at sea, a violation of international law; taking a ship away from the control of those who are legally entitled to it.
- A similar violation of international law, such as hijacking of an aircraft.
- The unauthorized duplication of goods protected by intellectual property law (e.g. copying software unlawfully).
- The operation of an unlicensed radio or television station.