(1) A toiletry that emits and diffuses a fragrant odor
(2) A distinctive odor that is pleasant
(3) Apply perfume to
"She perfumes herself every day"
(4) Fill or impregnate with an odor
"Orange blossoms perfumed the air in the garden"
From parfum, from the obsolete parfumare, to smoke through
- A pleasant smell; the scent, odor, or odoriferous particles emitted from a sweet-smelling substance; a pleasant odor; fragrance; aroma.
- A substance created to provide a pleasant smell or one which emits an agreeable odor.
- (pleasant smell) aroma, fragrance, scent
- (substance providing a pleasant smell) fragrance, scent