(1) The spirit of a group that makes the members want the group to succeed
(2) A state of individual psychological well-being based upon a sense of confidence and usefulness and purpose
- The capacity of people to maintain belief in an institution or a goal, or even in oneself and others.
- After the layoffs morale was at an all time low, they were so dispirited nothing was getting done.
- Morale is an important quality in soldiers. With good morale they'll charge into a hail of bullets; without it they won't even cross a street.
- moral philosophy