(1) A vague idea in which some confidence is placed
"His impression of her was favorable"
"What are your feelings about the crisis?"
"It strengthened my belief in his sincerity"
"I had a feeling that she was lying"
(2) Any cognitive content held as true
- Mental acceptance of a claim as truth.
- Something believed.
- The ancient people have a belief in many deities.
- The quality or state of believing.
- My belief that it will rain tomorrow is strong.
- Religious faith.
- She often said it was her belief that carried her through the hard times.
- One's religious or moral convictions.
- I can't do that. It's against my beliefs.