(1) Of or relating to or involved the practice of aiding the memory
(2) A device (such as a rhyme or acronym) used to aid recall
< < < < < Proto-Indo-European root ; see mind.
- Of or related to mnemonics: the study of techniques for remembering anything more easily.
- Anything (especially something in verbal form) used to help remember something.
- Example: To remember the colours of the rainbow, use the nmenonic: Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet)