(1) Of or relating to or characteristic of Greece or the Greeks
"A Grecian robe"
(2) The Hellenic branch of the Indo-European family of languages
(3) A native or inhabitant of Greece
From , from (a son of Thessalos, the king of Phthia), whom , and , were also named after; see also and .
- An inhabitant, resident, or a person of descent from Greece.
- A member of a college fraternity or sorority, which are commonly characterised by being named after Greek letters. (See also Greek system)
- "Was Joe a Greek in college?"
- Nonsense talk or writing; gibberish.
- "It's all Greek to me."
- The language of the Greek people, spoken in Greece, Cyprus, south Albania, parts of south FYROM, parts of Bulgaria and parts of Turkey and partially characterised by being written using the Greek alphabet. It is descended from Proto-Greek via Ancient Greek and other forms of Greek.
- Of or relating to Greece, the Greek people, or the Greek language.
- Of or pertaining to a fraternity or sorority.
- unintelligible, especially regarding foreign speech.