(1) The act of mixing together
"Paste made by a mix of flour and water"
"The mixing of sound channels in the recording studio"
(2) An event that combines things in a mixture
"A gradual mixture of cultures"
(3) Any foodstuff made by combining different ingredients
"He volunteered to taste her latest concoction"
"He drank a mixture of beer and lemonade"
(4) A collection containing a variety of sorts of things
"A great assortment of cars was on display"
"He had a variety of disorders"
"A veritable smorgasbord of religions"
(5) (chemistry) a substance consisting of two or more substances mixed together (not in fixed proportions and not with chemical bonding)