(1) A dialect of the Chiwere language spoken by the Missouri
(2) A midwestern state in central United States; a border state during the American Civil War, Missouri was admitted to the Confederacy without actually seceding from the Union
(3) The longest river in the United States; arises in Montana and flows southeastward to become a tributary of the Mississippi at Saint Louis
"The Missouri and Mississippi Rivers together form the third longest river in the world"
(4) A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the valley of the Missouri river in Missouri
- A . Capital Jefferson City: Postal abbreviation: MO
- The longest river in the United States, flowing from Montana to become a tributary of the Mississippi at Saint Louis.
- A Native American tribe that originally lived in the Great Lakes region of United States.
- An organized territory in the United States during the nineteenth century.