(1) The learned profession that is mastered by graduate training in a medical school and that is devoted to preventing or alleviating or curing diseases and injuries
"He studied medicine at Harvard"
(2) Punishment for one's actions
"You have to face the music"
"Take your medicine"
(3) (medicine) something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease
(4) The branches of medical science that deal with nonsurgical techniques
(5) Treat medicinally, treat with medicine
< < , feminine of < < .
- A substance which specifically promotes healing when ingested or consumed in some way.
- A treatment or cure.
- The study of the cause, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of disease or illness.
- The profession of physicians, surgeons and related specialisms; those who practice medicine.
- Ritual Native American magic used (notably by a medicine man) to promote a desired outcome in healing, hunting, warfare etc.
Synonymsregimen, course, program, prescription drug, prescription, pharmaceutical, elixir
- See also Wikisaurus:medicine
- See also Wikisaurus:pharmaceutical