(1) An animal skin made smooth and flexible by removing the hair and then tanning
(2) Beat with a lather strap
- A tough material produced from the skin of animals, by tanning or similar process, used e.g. for clothing.
- A piece of leather used for polishing.
- (colloquialism) A cricket ball or football.
- (plural: leathers) Leather clothing, often worn by motorcycle riders.
- A good defensive play
- Jones showed good leather to snare that liner.
- Made of leather.
- Referring to one who wears leather clothing (motorcycle jacket, chaps over 501 jeans, boots), especially as a sign of sadomasochistic homosexuality.
- To polish or wipe with a leather.
- To beat or thrash with a leather.
- To cover with leather.