(1) A simple platform-independent object-oriented programming language used for writing applets that are downloaded from the World Wide Web by a client and run on the client's machine
(2) A beverage consisting of an infusion of ground coffee beans
"He ordered a cup of coffee"
(3) An island in Indonesia south of Borneo; one of the world's most densely populated regions
- An island of Indonesia in the Malay Archipelago.
- The Java programming language (® Sun Microsystems, Inc.) An object-oriented computer programming language similar to C++.