(1) The quality of innocent naivete
(2) A state or condition of being innocent of a specific crime or offense
"The trial established his innocence"
(3) The state of being unsullied by sin or moral wrong; lacking a knowledge of evil
- Absence of responsibility for a crime.
- Her attorney managed to convince the jury of her innocence.
- Lack of understanding about sensitive subjects such as sexuality and crime.
- In his innocence, he offered the stranger to bring the package to Paris, never suspecting it contained drugs.
- Lack of ability or intention to harm or damage.
- Tests have demonstrated the innocence of this substance.