(1) Yet to be or coming
"Some future historian will evaluate him"
(2) Effective in or looking toward the future
"He was preparing for future employment opportunities"
(3) A verb tense or other formation referring to events or states that have not yet happened
(4) Bulk commodities bought or sold at an agreed price for delivery at a specified future date
(5) A verb tense that expresses actions or states in the future
(6) The time yet to come
From Latin futurus, irregular future participle of .
- The time ahead; those moments yet to be experienced.
- Something that will happen in moments yet to come.
- (grammatical terminology): verb tense used to talk about events that will happen in the future. future tense
- (plural) Commodities or stocks bought or sold with the understanding that they will be delivered at a date beyond the current one.