(1) The continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past
(2) Rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
(3) A person's experience on a particular occasion
"He had a time holding back the tears"
"They had a good time together"
(4) An instance or single occasion for some event
"This time he succeeded"
"He called four times"
"He could do ten at a clip"
(5) An indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities)
"He waited a long time"
"The time of year for planting"
"He was a great actor is his time"
(6) The time as given by a clock
"Do you know what time it is?"
"The time is 10 o'clock"
(7) The fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event
(8) The period of time a prisoner is imprisoned
"He served a prison term of 15 months"
"His sentence was 5 to 10 years"
"He is doing time in the county jail"
(9) A suitable moment
"It is time to go"
(10) A period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
"Take time to smell the roses"
"I didn't have time to finish"
"It took more than half my time"
(11) Adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time
"The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
(12) Regulate or set the time of
"Time the clock"
(13) Measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time
"He clocked the runners"
(14) Assign a time for an activity or event
"The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
(15) Set the speed, duration, or execution of
"We time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"