(1) Learning and coming to understand ideas and information
"His appetite for facts was better than his digestion"
(2) The organic process by which food is converted into substances that can be absorbed into the body
(3) The process of decomposing organic matter (as in sewage) by bacteria or by chemical action or heat
- The process, in the gastrointestinal tract, by which food is converted into substances that can be utilized by the body.
- The result of this process.
- The ability to use this process.
- The processing of decay in organic matter assisted by microorganisms.
- The assimilation and understanding of ideas.