(1) The ultimate goal for which something is done
(2) Written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location
(3) The place designated as the end (as of a race or journey)
"A crowd assembled at the finish"
"He was nearly exhausted as their destination came into view"
From , from .
- The act of destining or appointing.
- Purpose for which anything is destined; predetermined end, object, or use; ultimate design.
- The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
- Often used attributively to indicate desirability, as "a destination resort."